StarshipIT + BigCommerce
Zoom2u is an on-demand, same day express courier in Australia that delivers in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth metro areas. By offering faster fulfilment, you’re able to improve the experience your customers have with your brand as well as differentiate yourself from your competitors.
StarShipIT helps to automate and streamline the shipping process of orders for online retailers in Australia. StarShipIT acts as a bridge between your eCommerce channels(Magento 1, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce to name a few) and couriers, importing all of your customer orders from multiple eCommerce channels, shopping carts, inventory and accounting applications, and processing them with your chosen carrier(s).
BigCommerce is the eCommerce platform which hosts a customers Shopping website.
With Zoom2u – StarShipIT integration you can offer faster real time shipping quotes to your customers who purchase from your online store. Providing real time shipping quotes with Zoom2u is available only to clients who ship from Australia.
- An existing Zoom2u customer account. You can sign up for one here.
- An existing eCommerce channel like BigCommerce.
- A StarShipIT account.
How the integration works:
When online shoppers proceed to the checkout on the eCommerce platform, they may be offered live quotes from Zoom2u. For eCommerce platforms which do not support Live Quotes, the customer can choose to ship via Zoom2u from their StarShipIT account. BigCommerce + StarShipIT integration supports Live Rates at Checkout.
Part 1: Setup in Zoom2u
Generate your Zoom2u API Key
- From the main menu in customer delivery portal choose – “My Profile”
- Initially your API fields are blank. Click Generate new Zoom2u API Key
- Your Zoom2u API key is generated. This is what you will need to paste in StarShipIT to setup the integration so both the systems can talk to each other.
- Initially the API key is in Test Mode. Clicking on “Go Online” creates live bookings in Zoom2u which get offered to couriers. If in Test mode (offline) then bookings are created as Test, which are not offered to couriers. This is to ensure setup is done correctly before going Live.
Do Not switch to Online mode before full setup. After full setup, run a few test bookings to ensure correctness of setup and booking data passed between systems. The Zoom2u on-boarding team will assist you with this.
Part 2: Setup in StarShipIT
Step 1: Add Shipping Address
- From the main menu choose Settings -> Pickup Address -> Add your address
- It is important to have the correct pickup address to fetch correct rates and availability from Zoom2u
Step 2: Add Zoom2u as a Courier & enable Sync
- From the main menu choose Settings -> Couriers -> Add a new courier
- From the Australia Domestic section click on “Zoom2u”
This is where you can setup the sync between Zoom2u & StarShipIT
- Enable Zoom2u, enter the API key you copied from Zoom2u customer portal and click Save
- Next Add your product code, which in this case is the delivery option being provided.
- Enter the following values: Code: S | Name: Same Day
- Click “Add” to store this service code for the sync
- Add other service/product codes as needed.
- Save the settings
- Click ‘Advanced’ tab to continue
Setting up above ensures that the customer gets a Same day drop off service for their parcels depending upon the time it is booked. Currently we offer Same Day, 3-Hour & VIP delivery options.
Add only those product codes as per customers contract/deal.
Check for any typos in the product codes. The product codes need to be saved as shown in the left bar. If not, jobs will not sync.
Step 3: Select Vehicle & Parcel Type
- Select the “Vehicle Type” and “Package Type” entries. Options are Bike/Can/Van & Documents/Bag/Box respectively.
Select these as per customers contract/deal and what is required for their items.
Step 4: Enable Checkout Rates for BigCommerce
- Go to Settings -> Checkout Rates
- From the Settings Tab click Contract Rates
- Enter the fields as shown below.
- You can have a custom Display Name to show to your buyers for the shipping provider as below
- Finally Save
Step 5: Copy the StarShipIT API Key for BigCommerce
- From Settings -> API page copy your unique API key to input in BigCommerce so both systems can start communicating with each other.
Part 3: Setup in BigCommerce
Step 1: Install StarShipIT in BigCommerce
- From Settings -> Apps -> Marketplae -> Search for StarShipIT and Install.
Next, confirm your access and login to your StarShipIT account when prompted.
Step 2: Add Shipping Zone in BigCommerce
- From Settings -> Store Setup -> Shipping -> Add Shipping Zone -> Choose & Enable Australia
- In the Configure window for your chosen Zone, choose your provider, in this case StarShipIT and hit Connect
- Punch in the API Key that you copied from StarShipIT in the Connection tab as below & Save
- Finally login to your StarShipIT Account
- Go to Settings -> Integration -> BigCommerce -> Edit
- You can see in Step 1 below some settings are already filled in because we connected StarShipIT & BigCommerce earlier.
- In the Step 2 below choose what status items you wish to import from BigCommerce.
- Finally Save and click Test to Ensure it works to see if all settings are correct.
End to End Booking Workflow
In this part we create a test booking to check everything is working as expected. Here the booking starts from BigCommerce to StarShipIT to Zoom2u.
Step 1 in BigCommerce: Create Test booking in BigCommerce
- On the checkout page in the BigCommerce site you can see the Zoom2u service we enabled for BigCommerce via StarShipIT
- Live rates are provided from Zoom2u for your Shipping Address – Pickup Location to Customers Address – Dropoff Location.
- The order placed from the shopping site is visible in BigCommerce Admin Site
- As per our settings the order is in Awaiting Shipment status so can be imported by StarShipIT. You can choose whichever Status is correct for your use while setting up StarShipIT.
Step 2 in StarShipIT: Import Jobs from BigCommerce
In Step 1 we placed an order from the eCommerce platform-BigCommerce. All such orders show under the “Unshipped” section in the StarShipIT main menu.
- From Unshipped Orders section click Import -> Import All
- This will import all new / open orders from BigCommerce into StarShipIT
Step 3 in StarShipIT: Send Jobs to Zoom2u
There are 2 ways to send the job to Zoom2u for fulfilment:
- Click on Order Number to view the order details
- Click Print and choose to “Print Label“
Either of the above offer the same option to “Print Label” which eventually sends the job to Zoom2u. However from inside the order details you can do much more and even review the order before sending to Zoom2u for fulfilment.
- Below is the order details page for the order above.
- Quote from Zoom2u is visible for the service types you added during setup viz. Same Day / 3 Hour / VIP
- Click Print Labels -> Print Labels to send the job to Zoom2u.
- This downloads a pdf file to your computer for label printing, sends the job to Zoom2u and moves it to Shipped section in StarShipIT.
- Once the shipment has been created, the Zoom2u booking will be created and a confirmation email will be sent to the email address in your Zoom2u account with a tracking number and tracking link.
Test bookings with API in test mode show in the Test Tab in Inside Booking section. They are not offered to couriers.
Once you go live with Live API key, the bookings will show in regular bookings tab and will be offered out to couriers.