StarShipIT + Shopify Integration
Zoom2u is an on-demand, same day express courier in Australia that delivers in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth metro areas. By offering faster fulfilment, you’re able to improve the experience your customers have with your brand as well as differentiate yourself from your competitors.
StarShipIT helps to automate and streamline the shipping process of orders for online retailers in Australia. StarShipIT acts as a bridge between your eCommerce channels(Magento 1, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce to name a few) and couriers, importing all of your customer orders from multiple eCommerce channels, shopping carts, inventory and accounting applications, and processing them with your chosen carrier(s).
Shopify is the eCommerce platform which hosts a customers Shopping website.
With Zoom2u – StarShipIT integration you can offer faster real time shipping quotes to your customers who purchase from your online store. Providing real time shipping quotes with Zoom2u is available only to clients who ship from Australia.
- An existing Zoom2u customer account. You can sign up for one here.
- An existing eCommerce channel like Shopify
- A StarShipIT account.
How the integration works:
When online shoppers proceed to the checkout on the eCommerce platform, they may be offered live quotes from Zoom2u. For eCommerce platforms which do not support Live Quotes, the customer can choose to ship via Zoom2u from their StarShipIT account.
Part 1: Setup in Zoom2u
Generate your Zoom2u API Key
- From the main menu in customer delivery portal choose – “My Profile”
- Initially your API fields are blank. Click Generate new Zoom2u API Key
- Your Zoom2u API key is generated. This is what you will need to paste in StarShipIT to setup the integration so both the systems can talk to each other.
- Initially the API key is in Test Mode. Clicking on “Go Online” creates live bookings in Zoom2u which get offered to couriers. If in Test mode (offline) then bookings are created as Test, which are not offered to couriers. This is to ensure setup is done correctly before going Live.
Do Not switch to Online mode before full setup.
After full setup, run a few test bookings to ensure correctness of setup and booking data passed between systems.
The Zoom2u on-boarding team will assist you with this.
Part 2: Setup in StarShipIT
Step 1: Add Shipping Address
- From the main menu choose Settings -> Pickup Address -> Add your address
- It is important to have the correct pickup address to fetch correct rates and availability from Zoom2u
Step 2: Add Zoom2u as a Courier & enable Sync
- From the main menu choose Settings -> Couriers -> Add a new courier
- From the Australia Domestic section click on “Zoom2u”
This is where you can setup the sync between Zoom2u & StarShipIT
- Enable Zoom2u, enter the API key you copied from Zoom2u customer portal and click Save
- Next Add your product code, which in this case is the delivery option being provided.
- Enter the following values: Code: S | Name: Same Day
- Click “Add” to store this service code for the sync
- Add other service/product codes as needed.
- Save the settings
- Click ‘Advanced’ tab to continue
Setting up above ensures that the customer gets a Same day drop off service for their parcels depending upon the time it is booked. Currently we offer Same Day, 3-Hour & VIP delivery options.
Add only those product codes as per customers contract/deal.
Check for any typos in the product codes. The product codes need to be saved as shown in the left bar. If not, jobs will not sync.
Step 3: Select Vehicle & Parcel Type
- Select the “Vehicle Type” and “Package Type” entries. Options are Bike/Can/Van & Documents/Bag/Box respectively.
Select these as per customers contract/deal
Step 4: Setup Checkout Rates
Go to: Settings -> Checkout Rates -> Settings tab
- Enable Advanced Configuration & Contract rates as shown in the below image
- Add a Display Name. This is what shows the the end user in their Shopping Cart.
Customer has control what display name he wants to choose.
He may or may not want it to read Zoom2u. Advise to use descriptive names with Zoom2u so can distinguish our service from other providers like AusPost, DHL etc.
Step 5: Install Shopify in StarShipIT
Go to: Settings -> Integration -> eCommerce platform -> Shopify
Click to install Shopify
Step 6: Connect Shopify & StarShipIT
Go to: Settings -> Integration -> Shopify Settings
In the Settings tab:
- Enter the Shopify Store name/address & what Status orders to import into StarShipIT. Logically it should be “Open” orders.
- Save the Settings
- Click “Test” to ensure the connection is setup correctly. In case not check the store name above.
- Finally go to the Tools tab
- In the Tools tab click “Activate” to start sending Live Rates to Shopify.
- If the connection was established correctly you will get a success message or that shipping method already exists.
Till this point we have:
- Succesfully connected Zoom2u with StarShipIT
- Installed and connected Shopify with StarShipIT
- Enabled live check out rates to be transferred to Shopify
Next we need to do some basic setup in Shopify so rates are pulled correctly in the Shopping cart.
Part 3: Setup in Shopify
Step 1: Setup Shipping Address & Shipping Zone
Go To Settings -> Shipping
- Enter or check your Shipping Origin Address. This should ideally be same as what it is in StarShipIT Pickup address.
- Click Add Shipping Zone
Step 2: Setup Shipping Zone
Go To Settings -> Shipping -> Add Shipping Zone
- Enter a Zone Name for identification.
- Click “Add Countries” and choose “Australia”. All 8 Australian states are selected by default. Edit this to select the States we have contracted with the customer.
For this example we have chosen only 1 state NSW.
- Next click on Calculated Rates
- Here you select the services to be enabled for the buyer viz. 3 Hour, Same Day or VIP.
- Select the Carrier name as ShipIT
- Enable the services as per customer contract.
- Customer can add a Flat price over and above the quote from Zoom2u if they wish to add packing etc costs. This is not mandatory though.
- Finally Save
Only those services enabled in StarShipIT are available to be activated in Shopify.
- The Shipping screen should look something like below. (Customer may already have other shipping methods activated and maybe using it prior to connecting with Zoom2u)
- Calculated rates are checkout are available via StarShipIT
Video showing how to Add a Shipping Zone in Shopify
We have successfully connected all the 3 systems Zoom2u – StarShipIT – Shopify.